This term, the students began to explore the musical concept of timbre (also known as the ‘colour’ of sound)
- Year 1 and 2 students have been learning how to differentiate classroom percussion instruments visually and aurally.
- Year 3 students have been exploring string instruments.
- Year 4 students have been learning about woodwind instruments &
- Year 5/6 students have been exploring different instrumental groupings.
The students listen to each instrument or grouping that they explore to help them recognise their sounds.
- Year 1 and 2 students have already began exploring another concept of music; PITCH.
- Year 3 and 4 students are starting to learn how to read music notation and how to use that skill to play recorder.
Our school choir has been practicing one of the songs from the Greatest Showman movie for our next performance.