ENROL NOW FOR 2020
Hawker Park Early Childhood promotes a play-based learning environment that encourages independence and creative thinking. Through the awe and wonder of learning children will explore concepts and create lifelong friendships.
Apply to enrol your child/ren at Hawker Park Primary School (K-6) for the 2020 school year by downloading a copy of the application form from our website or alternatively come to the front office of Hawker Park Primary School to collect an Application Form.
Please make sure that you have applied to enrol your child as soon as you can.
Kindergarten – must turn 4 by June 30th, 2020
Pre-primary – must turn 5 by June 30th, 2020
Submit your application for enrolment at the school as soon as possible and provide copies of:
- your child’s birth certificate (telephone the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages on 1300 305 021 if you do not have one)
- your child’s Immunisation History Statement (through your My Gov account)
- proof of your current address (e.g. recent accounts for electricity, water and telephone, bank details)
- copies of Family Court orders for confirmation of proof of name or custody arrangements.
We look forward to welcoming your family to our school, where “together we grow”!
Forms can be collected from the school administration or downloaded below.
To enrol at Hawker Park Primary School there are a number of eligibility requirements.
Resident in the Local Intake Area
The School Education Act 1999 guarantees a place for every child in the compulsory years of schooling, Pre Primary to Year 6, in their local school. Hawker Park Primary is designated as a Local Intake School. The school has places for students in years PP-6 who currently reside within the boundaries of our local intake area as have been determined by the Department of Education. (See Boundary Map)
Eligibility for Enrolment- Kindergarten
Applications for Enrolment in Kindergarten according to the following criterion:
- Children living in the intake area of the school and who will have a sibling enrolled at the school.
- Children who live in the intake area of the school but will not have a sibling at the school.
- Children who live outside the intake area of the school and who will have a sibling at the school.
- Children who live outside the intake area of the school and who will not have a sibling at the school.
We require parents to provide documentary evidence of enrolee’s legal name, age, proof of address and current Family Court Orders if applicable at the time of enrolment.
A birth certificate or extract of birth or passport must accompany the Enrolment. Students will be placed in the year of study corresponding to their age group.
Parents of students with special needs are asked to contact the school to discuss these needs when the Enrolment has been approved to ensure that the most appropriate program is in place to meet the child’s needs.
Students who were born overseas must hold the appropriate visa before applying at the school. For overseas students who are in Australia using an entry visa it is necessary that the office sight the passport and visa of the parent (primary visa holder) and student at the time of for Enrolment.
The school must sight a copy of each student’s immunisation records at the time of Enrolment.
For further information on ACIR (Australian Childhood Immunisation Register)
** Information of the The Department of Education’s Schools website can assist parents with the application and enrolment processes for their children. For further information click here.